1. Describe Triathlon in one sentence?
Triathlon is the crazy sport you don’t play but do, the ultimate test for a complete athlete because one sport isn't enough.
2. What makes you tick during a race? (What gives you that extra oemf)
Three things come to mind:
1. Those moments when all the training come together and you find a rhythm. You feel so strong and you almost have to hold back as you just want to run faster.
2. The satisfaction and feeling of accomplishment when i get to the end of each disciplines of a race.
3. The crowd cheering you on gives you energy you didnt know you have. Its a great feeling.
3. What was the most difficult part off preparing for the IM?
Staying awke at work and keeping breakfast down at SSL sessions. But on a serious note just managing to still get the sessions done when work gets hectic. Late nights at the office and early morning training sessions isn’t easy.
4. What is your occupation?
I am n Financial Controller at Atterbury Property
5. When do train best mornings or afternoons
i enjoy training in the mornings. It is cooler, I feel fresh and energised for the day and work or other responsibilities can’t get in the way then later on in the day.
6. What is your favorite leg of the three, and why?
At this stage the bike leg is my favorite because i think its my strongest leg. Since i have started triathlon i think my bike has improved alot.
7. What is your best motivational quote?
The only easy day was yesterday - US Navy Seals
Meaning: Every day you will need to work harder than the last. But when you work hard every day and see what you’re now capable of - yesterday seems easy.
What type do you use:
- Bike : Look (Aero 576)
- Wheels : Vision trimax 45
- Helmet : Casco
- Cycling shoes : Lake tx322
- Running shoes : Brooks adrenaline gts18
- Wetsuit : Xterra
- Nutrition of choice: PVM octane and gels. Also droewors and nuts on longer rides
- Power meter or watch: Garmin Forerunner 935
- Race morning breakfast? : PVM pap, coffee and some PVM fusion.
How would you describe Trivium Triathlon in one sentence?
Trivium Triathlon is a tri club where ordinary people reach extraordinary goals they never thought possible through great coaching and hard work, and at the same time having fun and making new friends in the process.
This blog is written by the coach and athletes associated with Trivium.