More about me
I am an Elite professional triathlete. I am happy to share my journey with you. I have been competing in triathlon since university 2010, and as a professional from the 2017. My focus as a pro has been on the 70.3 mile distance thus far but for the future the longer Ironman events will see more of me. As I absolutely love the longer distances
Browse around my digital CV, and please contact me if you are interested in partnering with me in helping me to achieve the best I can be
My Current Sponsors:
Zagon Composites is a proudly South African company. They design, develop and manufacture top of the line carbon bicycle wheels and pride them selves in the design and quality of each of their products.
PVM is a South African based nutrition company. They fuel me with the highest quality nutrition for before / during and after training. They also advise me on perfect race day nutrition.
Results Since starting to race as a Profesional athlete
Ironman 70.3 South Africa - 6th Overall
Ironman 70.3 Taiwan - 6th Overall and second fastest Bike split (2h21min)
Ironman 70.3 Dublin - 4th Overall
Ironman 70.3 World Championship Port Elizabeth - 22nd Elite Athlete
MiWay Durban Ultra : DNF *unfortunately had to pull out during the run leg due to illness
MiWay Sun City Ultra : 2nd Overall
Ironman 70.3 Staffordshire - 6th Overall
Ironman 70.3 Dublin - 6th Overall
Ironman 70.3 Weymouth - 6th Overall and fastest Bike split (2h39)
Ironman 70.3 Phuket - 9th Overall and fastest Bike split (2h25)
MiWay Durban Ultra - 2nd
MiWay SunCity Ultra - 3rd
MiWay Cape Ultra - 1 st
Mandela Day Triathlon 5150 - 3rd
With Covid this is a unsure topic but with the great backing of the PTO we do get to race some local races.
9-11 April = 226 Brick Challenge in Midlands
- 2 May = 70.3 Sun City Ultra
"The mind will find a way to keep you moving forward."
Where to next?
Short term goals
- To create speed in 70.3 distance events
- Qualify for World Championship 2020
- Win Ironman 70.3 race
- Qualify for Ironman World Championships 2021
Long term goals
1. I’m on a 10 year plan to achieve the highest possibilities in this sport.
2. Eventually shifting my focus to Full Ironman distances.
3. Competing for a position in Kona, Hawaii (which is considered to be the mother of all Ironman races).
4. Developing my own triathlon club (you are currently on the club's website), to be one of the biggest achieving clubs in SA.